Ruturaj Gaikwad has come to be the initial cricketer to strike seven 6s in one over in a limited-overs match.
The India batter, 25, climaxed in a Vijay Hazare Trophy quarter-final, betting Maharashtra versus Uttar Pradesh in Ahmedabad on Monday.
Left-arm rewriter Shiva Singh was the bowler pinch hit 7 sixes – the fifth of which came off a no-ball, earning Gaikwad an added delivery.
The 43 runs acknowledged likewise equalled the document for a lot of escape an over.
That document was embeded in Hamilton, New Zealand in 2018 by Northern Districts batters Joe Carter and Brett Hampton, that struck Central Districts’ Willem Ludick for six 6s, a 4 and also a solitary in an over containing 2 no-balls.
Gaikwad CSK IPL
Gaikwad, that bets Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League, shattered 220 off 159 spheres, consisting of 16 sixes as well as 10 fours – going from 165 off 147 to 207 off 154 after his seven sixes.
The opener’s unbeaten 220 assisted Maharashtra to publish 330-5 from their 50 overs, en route to a 58-run win.
In 1990, former New Zealand captain Lee Germon hit eight 6s in an over which went with 77 throughout a first-rate match, albeit in contrived conditions.
West Indies tale Sir Garfield Sobers was the initial batter to hit six 6s in an over in specialist cricket, and also Gaikwad is the 10th gamer to do so.
Gaikwad additionally equated to the document – held by three guys – of hitting the highest possible number of sixes (16) in a single List-A (limited-overs) innings.
That has hit six 6s in an over in expert cricket?
- 1968 – Sir Garfield Sobers (for Nottinghamshire v Glamorgan) *.
- 1984 – Ravi Shastri (Bombay v Baroda) *.
- 2007 – Herschelle Gibbs (South Africa v Netherlands, World Cup).
- 2007 – Yuvraj Singh (India v England, T20).
- 2017 – Ross Whiteley (Worcestershire v Yorkshire, T20).
- 2018 – Hazratullah Zazai (Kabul Zwanan v Balkh Legends, T20).
- 2020 – Leo Carter (Canterbury v Northern Districts, T20).
- 2021 – Kieron Pollard (West Indies v Sri Lanka, T20).
- 2021 – Thisara Perera (Sri Lanka Army Sports Club v Bloomfield, List A).
- 2022 (7) – Ruturai Gaikwad (Maharashtra v Uttar Pradesh, List A).
* first-class cricket.